I’ve been to quite a number of professional development events this month, and I have more planned, so I thought I’d share what I’d been up to in case anyone else is looking for similar training.
The highlight was the Real Sales Skills course by Matthew Quinn at Future Sales Factory, which I’ve already reviewed in full here.
Other professional development includes:
- Presentation skills in preparation for EIE14 with Maryanne Johnston. An excellent 1-day workshop on focused on preparing an excellent 1-minute pitch for our EIE14 video.
- The Seven Deadly Sins of the CEO presented by Paul Pinson through the IoD – some really god practical advice and an introduction to the CEO network Vistage.
- The Saltire Fellowship Alumni Weekend was a great chance to catch up with fellows from several cohorts, share some of the challenges we face, and learn from some experts.
- A presentation by Kim Walker from Advance on communication styles – including an interesting introduction to the Kilman Model.
- I have read the latest edition of the Institute of Directors “Directors Handbook” – a great resource for anyone who is a company director, exec or non-exec. My only qualification in recommending this is that most startup folks can skip over the chapters aimed at directors of public companies!
I am also looking forward to the MBM Commercial workshops on Contract Essentials coming up over the next few months.
It seems to be a bit of a busy spell for professional development for me!